Interview / Joshua SofaerThu 08 Oct 2015
We are looking of all kinds of people, of all ages, who would like to collaborate with the artist Joshua Sofaer. If you are interested in sharing your skill at a dying traditional art, an invention you’ve made, or a long kept secret family recipe (eg cumbrian ginngerbread), then join us! It could be funny and irreverent, or serious and precise, it’s up to you to decide how to develop your workshop.
Workshops in Peoples’ Homes was launched in Grizedale Forest, as part of AND Festival 2015, by the artist Joshua Sofaer. It took place as a “Public Forum” event in Grizedale Visitor Centre Cafe, on the 19th of September 2015.
Lakeland Radio managed to catch Joshua Sofaer during the midst of AND Festival in Grizedale Forest, in order to tell us more about his vision and they he sees the one to one sessions of WIPH. You can listen to his interview here.
Ιf you find yourself ready for the challenge, come to the next “Public Forum” event which will take place in Eden Arts, Old Fire Station, Bridge Lane, Penrith, CA11 8HY, from 2pm – 3.30pm, on Saturday 17 October 2015. Directions can be found here.
A few words about WIPH: WIPH is a public programme of workshops that will officially take off around Cumbria in Spring 2016. Members of the public will work with artist Joshua Sofaer to develop a workshop in their own home through both group and one-to-one sessions. They will then deliver their workshop to a paying audience in their own home. Find out more here.
- CALL OUT: Application for Festival Volunteers
- Introducing AND Festival 2020
- OPPORTUNITY: Chair of Trustees for Abandon Normal Devices
- Julie’s Bicycle Accelerator Programme second cohort announced
- CALL OUT: Become a volunteer
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Operations Manager & Production Teams Call Out – CLOSED
- OPEN CALL: ANDxSomerset House Studios Commission Opportunity
- OPEN CALL: AND+British Council Indonesia Creative Exchange
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Communications Manager & Programme Assistant – CLOSED