Intern Opportunity / Project DaeadlusThu 23 Apr 2015
We’re looking to recruit an Intern for Project Daedalus, a research and development project funded by Digital R&D Fund for the Arts exploring drones in the arts. Lead by Abandon Normal Devices in partnership with technologists from Marshmallow laser Feast and researchers from the University of Salford.
The project explores the boundaries of storytelling through the use of drones with FPV (first person view) technologies such as Oculus Rift and Google Cardboard. The project is experimenting with drones through a series of live testing at lab events and other wider research with audiences and cultural organisations. The learning from the events and wider research will contribute to an online ‘toolkit’ of resources to help arts organisations host their own drone art experiences.
The role will gain first hand experience on the of an ambitious arts and technology research and development project, supporting the projects Creative Producers and Assistant Researcher. We are looking for someone who is great with people, and a enthusiasm for working with digital technologies.
The deadline for this role is Friday 1st May at 5pm.
The internship will include 20 days over 3months, from late May to mid August. This is an unpaid position, however agreed expenses will be paid.
Further information on the role and guidance on how to apply can be found by following the link below.
- CALL OUT: Application for Festival Volunteers
- Introducing AND Festival 2020
- OPPORTUNITY: Chair of Trustees for Abandon Normal Devices
- Julie’s Bicycle Accelerator Programme second cohort announced
- CALL OUT: Become a volunteer
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Operations Manager & Production Teams Call Out – CLOSED
- OPEN CALL: ANDxSomerset House Studios Commission Opportunity
- OPEN CALL: AND+British Council Indonesia Creative Exchange
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Communications Manager & Programme Assistant – CLOSED