ANNOUNCEMENT: AND Festival 2020Thu 17 Oct 2019
Save the Date \\ AND Festival 2020 \\ 14-17 May 2020
We are thrilled to announce that AND Festival will resurface on 14 to 17 May 2020.
Abandon Normal Devices’ festival of new cinema, digital culture and art, and the UK’s only roaming digital festival, takes to the water for the 9th edition, exploring the global trade gateway of the Manchester Ship Canal and River Mersey.
Navigating the flows from oil refineries, recycling plants, wind farms and agriculture; AND will explore how the 125-year old engineering wonder of the ship canal chronicles the North’s past, present and future industries.
Emerging at unexpected locations across Merseyside and Cheshire (UK), AND will transform waterways, ports and docklands with 4 days of site-specific installations and events – from immersive installations, augmented reality seascapes, virtual environments, floating experiments to immersive field trips.
AND invites you to abandon your normal devices and submerge yourself in this industrial waterscape.
Sign up to AND e-news for programme announcements.
AND Festival 2020 is supported using public funding by Arts Council England with additional support from British Council and The Space, and programme partners Canal & River Trust, Culture Liverpool, Culture Warrington, The Daniel Adamson, University of Salford Art Collection, Somerset House Studios and Wirral Council.
Stanlow Oil Refinery © ARG_Flickr flickr.com (cc-by-sa/2.0)
- CALL OUT: Application for Festival Volunteers
- Introducing AND Festival 2020
- OPPORTUNITY: Chair of Trustees for Abandon Normal Devices
- Julie’s Bicycle Accelerator Programme second cohort announced
- CALL OUT: Become a volunteer
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Operations Manager & Production Teams Call Out – CLOSED
- OPEN CALL: ANDxSomerset House Studios Commission Opportunity
- OPEN CALL: AND+British Council Indonesia Creative Exchange
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Communications Manager & Programme Assistant – CLOSED