An Act Of HairoismFri 05 Aug 2011
Did you know an anagram of Abandon Normal Devices is ‘Banana Condom Reviled’?
All credit to festival intern Ashley for injecting that quivering, novelty flavoured image into the AND office hive-mind. No doubt it will have us waking up in cold sweats long after this edition of the festival has come and gone.
‘Hairoism’ is another phrase that has been batted about the office in recent days, albeit more with intrigue than consternation.
Here’s a video by way of explanation (warning, contains nudity):
Hairoism was devised by Oreet Ashery, who will be coming to AND Festival with a new performance entitled As-Salam wal Hub.
The conceptual cousin to Hairoism, As-Salam wal Hub will see a group of volunteers made over in the image of a figure sometimes considered controversial in Liverpool, Ringo Starr.
The makeover will be done entirely with clippings of the participants’ own hair.
Transformation complete, the group (probably looking like the artsiest stag do to ever roll into town) will head down to Pier Head to take part in a rooftop gig.
Recruitment for volunteers is now open – email email@example.com if you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
- CALL OUT: Application for Festival Volunteers
- Introducing AND Festival 2020
- OPPORTUNITY: Chair of Trustees for Abandon Normal Devices
- Julie’s Bicycle Accelerator Programme second cohort announced
- CALL OUT: Become a volunteer
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Operations Manager & Production Teams Call Out – CLOSED
- OPEN CALL: ANDxSomerset House Studios Commission Opportunity
- OPEN CALL: AND+British Council Indonesia Creative Exchange
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Communications Manager & Programme Assistant – CLOSED