Press coverage highlightsThu 22 Nov 2012
“The annual digital arts festival [brings] its bizarre and brilliant innovation to Manchester…”
– The Guardian
AND 2012 attracted local, national and international media attention, with coverage stretching from its launch in June all the way to the end of the festival and beyond.
A rise in regional put our festival at the top of the arts agenda in August and September, with coverage from BBC, ArtInfo, Cent Magazine, wired.co.uk, Flux Magazine, Dazed, Design Week, Empire, Attitude and a-n.
In print, the festival won features and previews in The Guardian, New Scientist, Metro and French national newspaper La Liberation.
Broadcast highlights comprised coverage on BBC Breakfast, BBC North West Tonight, BBC Radio Manchester (three different programmes), BBC 6 Music, Gaydio and French Radio London.
“A memorable folly to ignite thought and debate into the past, present and future” – a-n
“Fascinating” – Wired
“Edgy digital art, intriguing talks, mind-bending film, live happenings” – Creative Tourist
“Complex, ambitious work that continues a positive and experimental trend” – Corridor8
“[on Pigs Bladder Football] incredible” – Manchester Evening News
“Bustling as ever with diverse cross-media art and performance” – Cent Magazine
“Intriguing” – Manchester Confidential
You can read more in our full 2012 Press Report on Scribd.
- CALL OUT: Application for Festival Volunteers
- Introducing AND Festival 2020
- OPPORTUNITY: Chair of Trustees for Abandon Normal Devices
- Julie’s Bicycle Accelerator Programme second cohort announced
- CALL OUT: Become a volunteer
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Operations Manager & Production Teams Call Out – CLOSED
- OPEN CALL: ANDxSomerset House Studios Commission Opportunity
- OPEN CALL: AND+British Council Indonesia Creative Exchange
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Festival Communications Manager & Programme Assistant – CLOSED